Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Flower Garland...work in progress

One of the things I have been working on is this flower garland for my fireplace:







I just love these flowers! I chose four different fabrics and have made up variations with them making sure to use either two darks and one light or two lights and one dark for each flower. For the "vine" I took strips of green fabric, longer than the space, that I stitched between each light pip. After I added the flowers, I cut out the leaf shape from two different green fabrics and used fabric tac to attatch green fuzzy pipe cleaners to them and wound them around the flower.

Here is where I got my inspiration from: http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2007/04/the_worlds_long.html Here is where I got the tutorials for the flowers: http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/fabric_flowers.html
http://www.burdastyle.com/howtos/show/384


I want to add something more to it, I just haven't had inspiration hit me yet as to what it should be.






Possibly something like this woven/wrapped around the garland. We'll see...

4 comments:

2kute said...

very pretty

Patty said...

I love your flowers! The fabric is pretty. And, I love your mantle.

Patty said...

PS Thanks for visiting my blog!

Jenny S said...

I love the flowers, what a fantastic idea!

Thank you for celebrating 100 posts with me xo