Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bias Tape…

I am going to be making something practical tomorrow and I need bias tape for it. What I found in my fabric stash, that I wanted to use, were two fat quarters. My dilemma was how to make enough bias tape to cover what I need. Well, I found this wonderful tutorial on how to turn a fat quarter into 5 yards of bias tape! Fantastic! If you want to learn how to do it, go here: Stop Staring and Start Sewing   Thank you Jona!!!

On another note, here are a couple of recent finishes:

For Valentines day I made myself a small heart brooch. It’s made of wool felt, vintage seed beads and various other beads.

heart pin

I am also doing a free BOM offered by Cheryl over at Willowberry Designs. It’s called Under the Sea and it is absolutely darling! Here is the first block done and I will have the second one done in another couple of days! You can just glimpse some of the fabric I will be using, when it is time to finish it, in the background.

jelly fishHappy stitching!

7 comments:

Allie said...

Wow five yards out of a fat quarter? I'm there!

Love your brooch, that is so sweet - and so is your block - I need to start mine!

retdairyqueen said...

Oh I love your brooch Fantastic

Carrie P. said...

5 yards! I am going to check that out.
Love your brooch and your block is so cute. I love Cheryl's designs but I have passed on the one for this year.
I did have fun doing Verandah Views.

Annette said...

Beautiful brooch! I love the Stop Staring blog! She has great tutorials and tips!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love the brooch and the sweet image!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing that link. I am off to check it out.

Samantha said...

Your brooch is so cute- I would wear it all year,not just Valentines Day.