Monday, January 9, 2012

WIPocalypse Update #1…

I joined up with a lot of lovely ladies for this SAL. I don’t know if my definition of it is exactly the same as theirs, but that’s okay. I have decided that if I stitch it (cross stitch, embroider, bead, machine sew) that it applies as long as I am getting through my works in progress. Sounds reasonable…right?

Here goes…

First up is something actually done!!! I made a quilt top about 3 or 4 years ago and hung it over the window of my living room. Well, there it stayed. So… since I have officially turned my living room into my sewing room, I needed curtains for my french doors so that my lights wouldn’t bother my husband while he was watching TV in the family room. I cut the quilt top in half, backed it with pieced material left over from when I made the top (plus a little extra material as there wasn’t quite enough of the leftovers), added some fringe to the bottom and voila! New curtains!

french door

Now to the more “traditionally understood” meaning of this SAL . I have this lovely etui pattern by Twisted Oaks Designs that I purchased a couple of years ago:

Mollie's Prism of Posies Etui

I started it last year, just after becoming very ill.  BIG mistake…I messed it all up! Used the right colors…in the WRONG places!!!  Never start a project while you are sick!  What you see here represents my frogging of stitches and reworking them the proper way:

wip

I will be listing in my sidebar the items I hope to finish this year by participating in this SAL. My daughter says I won’t finish them, but at least I’ll be trying…that is until I find something new I just HAVE to make!!!

5 comments:

Allie said...

Oh wow your curtains look amazing! How stylish! I really, really love them, what a great idea. Love what you're making now too!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Awesome curtains. Cannot wait to see the other all done!

Patty said...

I love your curtains! Congrats on finishing them! And I like your new layout! Exclamation points galore!!!

Ziggyeor said...

Love the curtains. Too bad the frog had to visit you! Can't wait to see it get done. It looks lovely.

Carrie P. said...

What a great idea for your windows. Very nice!