Monday, August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 1

I have decided to participate in this Monday writing exercise. You can join too if you want to. Find all the information by clicking on the button below.

FOR TODAY August 31, 2009

Outside my window... The sun is shining. The leaves are rustling. It is in the mid to upper 60's. A beautiful day for reading, resting, dreaming.

I am thinking... about the future of my children. Especially my "adult" children. How they will do this year in college, how they will pay for it, how I wish I could help them with their tuition.

I am thankful for... the love of my family.

From the kitchen... the sounds of silence. I have yet to figure out what I am going to make for dinner!

I am wearing... a long sleved pink t-shirt with my pink comfy, plaid flannel pants.

I am creating... a secret for my secret angel...

I am going... nowhere tonight!

I am reading... my prevention magazine... trying to be more healthy!

I am hoping... my Daughter's temperature won't come back today. It's never easy seeing your children feeling unwell.

I am hearing... the sounds of the Disney Channel. I will miss the sounds of summer, with the children home and making noise. On the other hand, I am also looking forward to the sounds of silence again!

Around the house... I see folded towels that need to be put away and toys strewn about on the floor!

One of my favorite things... the feel of my Daughter's arms wrapped around my neck as she tells me how much she loves me. I cherish these moments, she is growing up so fast and I will miss this the most.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I am taking one of my children in for their driving test...nuff said!


4 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Lori Holt said...

Very nice post...a wonderfully simple day!
x
lori

Micki said...

I love the post...It is beautiful!
Love to your daughter!
Micki

Cindy Is Crafty said...

OOO, the driver's test. That brings back memories!