Sunday, October 2, 2011

Terrible, terrible picture…

Melissa's block

I know this is an awful picture but I wanted to show you what I have been working on lately.

This is a 20”x20” appliqued quilt block for my husbands niece. In my husband’s family, when someone gets married, they receive a quilt made up of blocks from whatever relatives wanted to participate. My niece wanted all fall colors. I wanted to do some applique. So that is how this block was born. I would have a better picture of it, but, as is par for the course for me, I left making it until the last minute and it had to be delivered tonight…so no natural light to take the picture by.

My hubby was so sweet to offer to drop it off at my in-laws after all the hard work I put into it.  

3 comments:

Grammasheri said...

VERY lovely!

Allie said...

Oh what a wonderful idea, and I LOVE the block! That is very sweet!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

What an awesome idea! What a tradition! Love your block. Promise to take a crappy pic of the finished product, too! ;O)