Monday, December 1, 2008

24... and a PIF!



I am setting a goal of posting SOMETHING every day until Christmas. Today I want to tell you about one of the best presents from my childhood.



When I was about 5 or 6 my Mother made me a nightgown that I got on Christmas Eve. The material had big red roses on a white background and she made me a mop cap to go with it. I seriously loved that nightgown! I wore it until I literally could not put it on anymore. My mother made me another one, I think the next year, out of some kind of blue material, but it just wasn't the same to me. The rose red one was still my favorite...and I was still wearing it! I'm surprised my Mother ever got me out of it.



On another note, I am participating in a PIF (pay it forward). I am really excited about doing this. Trudy over at Bits of Wool selected me to participate in this wonderful exchange. It is based on the movie by the same name.

The rules are simple.

1. You MUST have a blog.

2. You must place the pay it forward picture/button on your blog.

3. You must link back to my blog and this post.

4. You must commit to offering a handmade gift, sent sometime in the next 365 days, to the first 3 people to respond to your post.

5. You must post about it within 5 days of my contacting you...no cheaters! I'll be checking!!!

That's it! Easy peasy! Just think of the joy we can send around the bloggy community doing this! So, if you want to play along with me...just leave me a comment! I will contact you and ask you for your snail mail...oh, and I will post internationally...I don't want to leave out any of you great bloggers!

3 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I was glad to see you had come by my blog for a visit.
I am doing PIF too...
I have 4 people to post to though!
One lady was sad to miss out so I took on an extra...
Ilook forward to the posts leading up to Christmas and getting to know you

Cindy said...

Now what a neat idea this is!
I'd love to participate in this! Just a simple copy/paste the rules to my own blog?
Nice blog! I too look forward to your postings leading up to Christmas & getting to know you!
Have a great day!

AwtemNymf said...

I'd love to do this!
I love the PIF idea!
I got everything about the guidelines, just not sure about # 5? Do I wait to hear from you? Never done this? *blush*
I'll just wait to hear from you and then take it from there!
I can make something within 365 days! No problem! :O)