Friday, July 31, 2009

The Last Few Days and a Finish...

So on Saturday this is what I was doing:
Spartan's Master's Graduation PartyFriends:
Family:
A totally rockin' live band, Given 6, who I am positive are on their way to fame and fortune. They have very adult music that they changed some of the lyrics to on the spot as there were some younger people still at the party. If you go to the site, for the faint of heart I recommend "Old School" but not the others as they use strong language and imagery:
The boys were so impressed, see:

They pretty much just wanted to go home with my parents.

On Sunday I left for three days in Traverse City, Michigan for a bachelorette party! We had a blast! We toured a bunch of wineries with a hired driver. Walked two miles to the beach, which isn't such a good idea when you have all been drinking wine all day! And generally had a great time!

Chateau Chantal, Traverse City, Michigan

Grand Traverse Resort Beach Access (plus a few jello shots):

Betsy (bride-to-be) and Me hamming it up:Relaxing on the condo's balcony:I had a blast and it ended too soon! It was my first real "girl's getaway" and I can't wait to do it again! I made new friends and strengthend the old one's bond. I highly recommend a girls only weekend to every one! (well, girls only!)

Lest you think I haven't been doing any crafting around my house, I thought I would show you a recent finish. I re-covered my ironing board and made a matching pincushion/threadcatcher. I love the way it turned out. Of course now I want to use a pressing cloth for EVERYTHING, but I put it under what I'm pressing so I won't mess up my beautiful ironing board cover! Lame, huh!?! Please ignore my messy sewing area in the background. I seem to create better in chaos, so that's what I have around my sewing table!

2 comments:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

JELLO SHOTS????? Woohoo!!!!!!! That sounds like a fun time!

Micki said...

it sounded like you had a wonderful time!
Micki