Saturday, June 28, 2008

Art dolls...swap-bot...dotees???

I recently discovered swap-bot. I really am having a lot of fun with it. I have already completed a couple of swaps. One of the swaps that I signed up for is for a striped dotee doll.









Even though I have yet to be assigned my partner, I was inspired to make this one. I call her "Striped Sherbert Bride." Even though she is what is now known as a "Dotee doll," I think of her as an art doll.








Long before I discovered "Dotee dolls," I was making faces like these up into brooches for my friends and family. Here are a couple that I have decided to put up in my etsy shop:






I was inspired a couple of years ago by all the darling little "kawaii" out there. For those that don't know, kawaii just means anything that is cute and "japinese-esque."

Anyways, if you love to make things for others and love to get things in the mail you should pop over to swap-bot and see if there is a swap you might enjoy! To sign up is free...hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Your dolls are so cute. I love their faces. Swap-bot is fun, isn't it? I haven'done any swapping for months and miss it. I'm sure your partner was happy to get the little bride doll.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

The Dotees are so addictive. They are so sweet and so quick to make. I really like your felty faces, too. I bet they are lovely little brooches.