Sunday, October 12, 2008

My New Purse and Wallet

Thanks to the people who commented on my "Ode to Binding" post! The pictures were from a new wallet that I made. The binding on my corners came out just fine...but the rounded corners...not so good! Oh well, I'm happy with it anyways! The pattern came from one by Pat-e-Patterns that I picked up at my local quilt shop. It was very well explained and I would definately use thier patterns again!





Also free for your perusal is my lame attempt at adding decorative edges to my pictures! When I saved them, I thought they looked better! Oh well.

Here is my purse:



Nothing fancy, but I think the material and the trim really give it a nice personality. It was amazing the difference the braided trim made in the overall appearance of the purse! Next time I make one, I think I will make it just a little smaller and I will use a stiffer interfacing as this one is really quite slouchy. I made the button with a do -it-yourself button thingy (yes, that is a technical term). It was a little fiddly, but I figured it out without too much trouble.

I also finished an order for a cute little bucket tote done in cowboy material that I got from Jane's giveaway (see earlier post). I think it turned out really cute too!



It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but the brown closure button I found in my Grandma's button jar is just perfect with it! Although made of some type of plastic, it has the look and feel of leather.

Well, enough for today! I have been doing lot's of sewing, so I will have more to share with you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those both look great!