Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mystery Quilt Progress and a Tag

I have been wanting to get started on Helen's Mystery Quilt ever since the first installment was posted Sunday night (Monday in Aussie land!) I had set a restriction on myself, however, of cleaning up my sewing area. Well, I can never do anything easy. I won't bore you with ALL the details, but suffice it to say I filled a couple of trash bags! One thing I haven't liked is that I just didn't have enough room to work. Soooo, I took the fold up table we weren't using, slapped it on top of my much too small sewing table and voila! I have a sewing corner! It's not perfect. The table wobbles a little when I sew too fast (note to self: slow down!). Other than that I am pretty happy with it.
Here is my progress on the Mystery Quilt:
It went together very easily. I just had a little confusion in her instructions where she will say something like 10 x 6 7/8' squares. What she means is (10) 6 7/8' squares not a square (rectangle) that is 10' x 6 7/8'. Other than that the instructions were very clear.
I was tagged by Patty over at Pip Stitch to post the 4th photo in the 4th folder on my computer. So, shhh...don't tell my boys (Baby Girl wouldn't mind) but here is a picture of my younger three hamming it up on Halloween.
I am looking foward to starting on another one of the many BOM's I want to do. What are you working on?


5 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

My goal tomorrow is to do the first part, yours looks great, I like that your ahead of me, helps to see what I am doing!! thanks!!

Patty said...

What a great picture! Your daughter is cute as Dorothy -- did you make her dress? Thanks for doing the tag, Loralyn!

Messy Karen said...

just stopping by to see how you're doing on the mystery quilt. your part 1 is beautiful.

Heather said...

Mmmm... gorgeous fabrics! It'll sure be fun to see all the different fabric combinations, won't it? Fun, fun!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Pretty! I like that block a lot!