Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Button That Does Nothing...

I'm so unhappy. My computer, which just celebrated it's one year birthday (of course) won't turn on. I push the button and the light comes on (for the button) and then, nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

I have to take it to the "computer docotor" today. As we all know, medical bills are outrageous. I'm sure the "computer doctor" won't be any different.

What I'm most concerned about is the fact that I was in the process of transferring a couple of free block of the months (which I am woefully behind on) and recent family pictures to my memory stick when my computer froze. Keep your fingers crossed that the hard drive is okay and I won't lose my information.

I should have known better. My old lap top went through TWO hard drives. I don't have the best luck with computers.

I am using my children's computer to make this post. Needless to say, I won't be spending so much time online for the next few days. At least I should be able to get more accomplished around the house (yeah, right!) and be able to do more stitching and sewing!

I had a surprised planned for everyone, but until my computer is all better, it will have to wait. Hope to be back soon...

5 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Just been through the same thing I was lucky and didnt lose any thing
Hope your back on line soon

Liz said...

Good luck! When I read posts like this it makes me appreciate my ubergeeky husband even more! :)

Di said...

Ugh. Angst. Fury. Denial. Pleading. Fury...again (Never gonna buy a piece of crap like this one again!) Acceptance (get somebody that knows what the hell they are doing to fix the blasted thing...because, afterall, I need my computer!!) The emotions involved when my computer refuses to cooperate under the guidelines of my technical intellect. I feel for ya, sista!

Micki said...

Computers are really infuriating sometimes, but i couldn't live without them.
Micki

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Get a Mac. My husband is an IT technical wizard and he'll have nothing but Apple products in our house. And our computers never crash.