Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Tea Cosy...

A while back I won some awesome material from Jocelyn over at Happy Cottage Quilter .

When I saw the material I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. It matches my tea pot EXACTLY! So, I made myself a tea cosy like I made my Mom for Mother's Day! I also made 4 coasters to match. I love how it turned out!So, now I have a question for you. My Mom's best friend saw my Mom's tea cosy and now they both want me to make them for the craft show my Mom talked me into doing this August. My problem is that I don't have a clue what to charge for the set! Any suggestions?

I want to thank Jocelyn again for the lovely material. It looks awesome with my tea pot and in my kitchen!

11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

It is beautiful! I love how this cozy turned out. Not only the fabric but your craftsmanship as well. Very well done!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh it looks so pretty, Pricing is such a hard thing, I really cannot help you here.

Vicki ♥ said...

I love your tea pot cosy :) It is beautiful and looks a treat!The coasters are a good idea also and look great.

Vicki ♥ said...

A good rule of thumb is how much did it cost for the fabric and then either double it or triple it and then add a few dollars more and that should be an approx of the price you can charge.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Loralynn,
That is really cute! Normally, when I am pricing my items, I take a look at Etsy or Ebay for similar items. I use that as a guide.

Sometimes it has to be adjusted depending on the split where I sell or, in your case, the cost of the table at the show.

Good luck!

Carrie P. said...

That tea cozy is so cute. Great job. I would do what Tozz says about the pricing. You don't want it too high or you will be stuck with a bunch of cozys.

retdairyqueen said...

Hi Lorralyn
I just love your tea cosies Are they hard to make
I hate pricing things It is so hard
Take care love Illene

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What a cute tea cozy.

Dena said...

I really like your tea cozy set. The fabrics go together quite well. As others have stated, pricing can be very difficult. I would browse the internet for comparable items to see what others are charging. After taking into consideration the cost for materials, this should give you an idea as to whether it is cost effective. Good luck!

urban craft said...

I'm totally a tea drinker and now feel that my tea pot looks drab and I must dress it up. I can already hear my husband "What are you making now?!"

Eila said...

It's beautiful!!!