Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Saturday Finish...

First let me apologize for the following crappy pictures. As you may know, my desktop's mother board bit the dust so I am temporarily using my old laptop that doesn't have my photo editing program on it. I'm afraid to put it on as I think it will be too much for the poor little thing. What you don't know is I have gone back to using our OLD camera since, being the wonderfully organized person that I am, I have managed to misplace the charger for our good camera that I normally take bad pictures on! Sooooo....crappy computer with no photo editing program + crappy camera + crappy photographer = very crappy, orange tinged pictures!

Here are my finishes for the day! I am so happy about how they turned out! First is my sewing machine mat. It has a pocket and turned out darling!
Full on shot:

With my trusty 25 year old machine on it:

Now I think I need to get some pink scissors since the orange ones clash so badly with the material, not that you can tell in my orange pictures!

My other part of the finish is the matching sewing machine cover:

Close up:
If you are interested in the pattern I got it from Cheryl over at Willowberry Designs . She is a very talented designer with a wonderful blog. She is also part of a new venture of Aussie designers that have started a new blog called Among the Gum Trees. You should definitely check out their new blog too!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

And looking very stylish I might add.... Thanks for sharing! and the photos aren't that bad you know :-)

have a lovely day,
cheryl xx

retdairyqueen said...

Very nice work
I like them both
Hope you are well

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

super job on both projects!! I love that fabric, I made a quilt for me with it!!

Sarah - Kala said...

Wow! They pop beautifully! I wish I had the know-how to sew things like that. Even with a tutorial I struggle. I need to find someone on O'ahu who could instruct me. I have a book called Sewing for Idiots or something like that. I better dust her off and get going, huh? ANyway, I came from Jen's and I love what you have made here!!!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Well done!! The matching set looks beautiful - don't worry about the camera! :-)
Hugs
Jenny

Carlie said...

Your sewing machine cover and mat look very nice, I like the triangle pocket...

Anne said...

Wow, that looks fantastic. Love the fabric and the pattern.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

How awesome. I love it!

Unknown said...

Very Cute!!!! I love your color combo's.

Jocelyn said...

Wow, these turned out so fantastic!!! Love them both! I did the machine cover, but did not do the mat.

Carrie P. said...

Very cute! Great job.

Liz said...

Very cool. My sewing machine wouldn't know what to do with a fancy cover like that. It's lucky I remember to throw a pillowcase over it once and a while.

Anonymous said...

Your sewing set is absolutely beautiful! I love your colors and you have done a great job putting it together! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Jenn said...

Very, very pretty! Where did you get your blog backdrop and header? I'm seeing so many unique ones like yours and wondering what I'm missing!