Monday, September 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 3

If you are interested in joining in, you can find all the information by clicking on the button below.



September 14, 2009


Outside my window... the sun is shining, the cicada's are buzzing in the trees...summer has cast her cloak on us for a final farewell before the new season arrives.

I am thinking... how unusual it is being in such a quiet house...I'm the only one here...that hasn't happened in a LONG while!

I am thankful for... the beautiful sunny day.

From the kitchen... the sounds of my coffee maker sighing. It wants to be used for coffee instead of the hot water I run through it constantly for my tea.

I am wearing... jeans and a tshirt a lovely shade of pinky melon.

I am creating... embroideries for my secret angel and another secret swap partner.

I am going... to be very busy the rest of the week!

I am reading... The Time Travelers Wife...very good book. I wanted to read the book before I see the movie, it always helps to give insight to the little things they just aren't able to convey on film.

I am hoping... to get caught up on my laundry. *gasp* *snort* *chuckle* *guffaw*

I am hearing... the whine of the fan in my laptop (still no desktop computer :( ) The low pitched rushing of the refrigerator running. The occasional creak of the door or windows as the sun warms them and they shift in their casings...who said it was quiet around here???

Around the house... my Daughter's things everywhere...on my desk, on the family room floor, on the kitchen table, the dining room table, the stairs... she is like a tornado on steroids!

One of my favorite things... this will sound odd...I have terrible allergies and go through life pretty much not smelling anything. On the rare occasion I have my sense of smell, usually only for 5 minutes or less, I like to run to my children and smell them. The sweet smell of my Daughter and whatever lotion is her preferred for the day. The slightly sweaty, but not unpleasant, smell of a Son who has been out in the sun. The scent of my Son's deodorant mixed with his naturally pleasant body aroma. One of my favorite things, and much missed.

Here are a couple of giveaways for you to check out, just click on the picture:



Have a lovely day!!

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

I used to have allergies like you and it seems as if I have outgrown them. I hope that will happen for you too.
Sounds like you can get a lot done with the kids all in school. Hope you have had a good week and have a great weekend.