Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Drunken Sailer - Irish Rovers

I grew up listening to the Irish Rovers. They put a smile on your face and a hop in your step! I'm 1/4 Irish and I can't help but to want to do a jig when I hear this kind of music. I remeber my Grandmother, even in her 80's when she was heavy, getting up and dancing an Irish jig like she did when she was a girl. She was amazing! She was probably almost 200 pounds and still light as a feather on her feet!

So...to all you Corcoran's, Irishmen and holiday Irish...HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

THANK YOU, I was a singen' along, for I am also 1/4 Irish and I love to jig. What a fun tune to have, thanks again! I will be a singen' it all day long!!!

Dawn Newsome said...

Hi, Loralynn,
I just wanted to stop by to say hello and thank you for visiting my blog and entering my OWOH contest.
I had a lot of entries and I am still trying to get back to everyone to say hello.
I have heard of people who won multiple prizes! I didn't win any :(
I actually already had your blog bookmarked so I guess I've been here before - and I'll be back!
Best,
Dawn