Monday, October 26, 2009

A Gift, A Bug and More...

I know I have been neglecting my blog alot lately. I've just been busy, and therefore, not had much of anything to share. I've been running around so much lately that it feels as if I am pracitically living in my car!

I do have one little finish to show you. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that a dear friend of mine got married. Well, a week after the wedding it was her birthday! I had brought home some of the flowers that were the centerpieces on the tables with her birthday in mind. I dried them in the oven then used them to fill this sachet that I embroidered and beaded for her. I think it turned out lovely! I know that my friend was pleased with it.

I thought this was interesting. One morning last week, when I was taking Baby Girl down to the bus I spied this cool bug. It's a walking stick! I have only seen one once or twice, other than this one, in my life! They are impossible to find if you are looking for them, but this one just presented itself to us on one of the plastic chairs on our front porch...how cool is that!!! If you are interested in learning more about this bug you can go here and read about them!
Last, but certainly not least Sharon over at Daffycat is having a giveaway for her 2 year blogoversary. She is giving away, to two winners, a Simon's Cat book. If, like me, you have apparently been living under a rock, check out the following YouTube video I have embeded. I am in love with this darling cat now! If you have a cat, these videos are a must see!!


That's all for now, though I will have my Daughter's costume finished in the next day or so and I will post pictures of that...she's going to be Laura Ingalls for Halloween and I am (trying to) make her a somewhat authentic costume. 'Till then...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the sachet idea!

Dena said...

What a thoughtful idea of using the flowers from the centerpieces for a sachet. Beautiful embroidery too.

retdairyqueen said...

I bet she loved it Its beautiful Very clever

Daffycat said...

Awesome finding the walking stick. There are some really cool things in the world, aren't there?

Good luck with the costume...we wants pictures when it's done. lol

Liz said...

Love that bug!