Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Wedding...

On Saturday, my dearest friend got married. Baby Girl and I handed out the programs before the ceremony. When I get the pictures of Baby Girl from my parents, I will post them, she was absolutely darling and so pleased to be able help out at the church. It was a lovely ceremony. The happy couple were married in a Catholic church and it was the most unconventional Catholic wedding I have ever been to. The Bride and Groom actually sat in chairs while the Minister spoke and all the other things were done.
After the wedding ceremony, we dropped Baby Girl off at my Parents house to spend the night. We had made reservations to stay at a hotel more local to the reception. The reception was held at a nature preserve. It was beautiful. They had a tunnel under the building that went out under the pond and you could see all the fish swimming around and above you.
The Happy Couple
The Brides Attendants
The Bride & Groom playing drums
Spartan & Me
Given Six (the Grooms band)
The reception was an absolute blast! Hands down the most fun I have ever had at a wedding reception! The Groom's band, Given Six, played a tamer, acoustical set and they were fantastic. After the reception a few of us went back to the hotel and gathered in the Bride & Groom's room until they had to leave at 3:30am to catch a plane to Cancun.
Congratulations Betsy & Eric!
We wish you much happiness!

4 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

LOOKS LIKE A LOVELY WEDDING

Cindy Is Crafty said...

What a cool wedding. You and the hibs look great, too!

Micki said...

What a lovely wedding...the bride was beautiful!
Micki

Liz said...

I just saw your New Moon countdown clock. Too funny! I didn't even realize a release date had been set...