Tuesday, December 2, 2008

22...Advent Tree

Days to go...



I was inspired by the darling wall quilt advent calendar I saw over at Pink Chalk recently. I drafted up my own pattern using Kathy's directions. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out. I'm not so crazy about my ornaments (which I am still finishing up on as you can see they aren't all on yet), but I can always change them... some other year or other...



One thing I really like are the buttons I sewed on to hold the ornaments. Some are new, the striped, spotted and snowflake ones. The solid green and solid red ones came from my Grandmother's button jar. I wish she had collected enough to use just her buttons, but since most of her buttons came from clothes she wore over the course of her life, and apparently red and green wasn't something she wore very often, I had to add to them.
So have any of you made your own advent calendars?

No comments: